spring





Tuesday, January 15, 2013

JaNEWary!

I like that each year, we can look forward to having a fresh start on things...January seems to be a new beginning for so many people...those looking to change something in their life...those looking to start a new habit/end an old one...those looking to start a new them. We all have personal and professional resolutions that we may keep for awhile and then slowly-by mid-February or so-they start to taper off. I think my one and only time I made a resolution was two years ago-after the birth of Hannah. I told myself I would get in better physical/mental shape by being better to myself. I would work out as I needed/wanted to and supplement my healthier life by eating better. I would not beat myself up for eating that ice cream or popcorn that one night. I would try and do things for myself (ie: pedicures, massages, professional haircuts, a girls night out) because "a happy momma makes for a happy home". I've tried to stick with this resolution and have done pretty well...it's the only one I've ever made. I read an article this morning about Drew Barrymore and she was talking about how pressured women are (especially in her business) to get thin and be perfect two weeks after having kids. I agreed with her when she said that her body will never be the same and she may never in her life be happy that swimsuit season is back again because her body isn't "bikini ready" but that she wanted her daughter to understand that we all have the potential to be healthy, but most importantly happy in who we are and what we look like. Growing up, I was never told that I was ugly, or too short or wasn't good enough for something. Never. I was always bui
lt up and encouraged. I was always told that I could do whatever I wanted to do in life if I worked hard to achieve it. I want to instill my daughters with the same advice and same support that I got growing up. SO my new resolution to myself is to be an encourager. To let them try new things and let them fall if they need to but to always make sure Mom is RIGHT there when they need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment