spring





Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I miss her

I miss my Grandma. I think about her at least 5 times a day. When I see a special type of bird; when I hear one of her favorite songs, when I call my Mom "Grandma Ryel" to Natalie, when I look at her picture in my living room; when I look in the mirror. I miss the way she smelled like powder and her favorite Doublemint gum. I miss the way she jiggled when she would laugh and pointing it out would only make her jiggle harder.
I miss the way she would talk and look out the window-all while rubbing her knee with her index finger as if soothing an ache in her bone.
Every Sunday at the Methodist church we attend, I think of her. When we stand and sit and sing the older hymns. I think of her when I am responding to what the Pastor is saying-God and her faith was such a big part of her life. I think of her when I see the elderly lady who sits all alone just down the pew from where we usually sit-I always try to talk just a little longer to her...after all, she reminds me of my grandma.

1 comment:

  1. i miss her everyday too....you described her so well, I imagined hugging her and smelling those exact smells.

    ReplyDelete