spring





Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas time is coming soon

I have been thinking about a tradition to start with Natalie. She is at the age where something special to start with a Christmas theme would intrigue her...but I'm not sure what to do. We plan to put up the decorations and tree with her and Hannah this weekend, but I want to do somethng that she'll look forward to each year. Some ideas I had were:
-Going and seeing the lights in KC then maybe some ice cream
-letting her decorate her own tree (maybe someday we'll do this-we have no room right now for a second tree
-making an ornament (if only I could channel some creative mindset for that)

what I have come up with is letting her pick her very own ornament. Hobby Lobby is chock FULL of cute ones. The ones I have now are a mixture-some special, some given to me for "fillers".
What other ideas are out there?

3 comments:

  1. do you have the chocolate advent calenders or you could figure out how to make a special one you can use every year...lots of ideas online. Every year after we put lights on our tree we lay under it and look up...very pretty;) I know Zander is asking me about the chocolate calender already (can't seem to find any).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We adore our "Elf on the Shelf". Google it. A GREAT holiday tradition. Ceci named our Elf "Alphie."

    ReplyDelete